Episode 1: A New World To Explore
Guten Tag,
I hope everyone is having a splendid day!
If you are someone who has impeccable memory and recalls that in the last blog, I left everyone on a cliffhanger- "But how did we make it to this point? I guess you'll just have to wait until next time when we start at the beginning of...Freshman Year." -Props to you for remembering all of that cause if I'm being honest, I had to relook at what I wrote. Not my best moment but that's okay because here we are. The first official episode of Sling To The Top. The 3 time Emmy Nominated blog, cited from Rotted Potatoes. Right here:
Where we go over my journey as a filmmaker and occasionally, I'll talk about some films that are on my mind. And let's be honest here, I'm always thinking about movies or a plot I can script out.
But let's talk about where it all began. Freshman Year.
I came into high school with no idea of what I wanted to do in my life. I just dropped wrestling which was my life for nine years and then took up acting. I loved it. I've been in every show since. From there, I met some of my closest friends.
One of these friends was the man, the myth, the legend. Jack Raia. I was his mini-me and would basically follow him around and want to be him.
During one of the practices for the fall drama, he asked me if I wanted to be in one of his films. At this point, I've never acted in a film or really put much thought into it. I decided, "what's the worst that can happen?" And now here I am, looking to go to school for film. If college debt doesn't leave me broke, my career surely will.
So we got together and got ready to film my debut scene. It was actually for his TV 2 final project. I was a stoner named Fritz, basically just Shaggy from Scooby Doo and I was with my partner Blake. We got captured and were trying to escape. Now sidenote: I barely remember this film at all cause I was never able to actually watch it but this is the one part I can recall.
Blake and I were tied down, back to back to a chair so we couldn't leave. The goal of the scene was for us to get out of the knots and head into the garage where we would fight off some guards. Sounds simple. Well, not when it comes to Fritz and Blake.
This scene took us 2 fricking hours. We kept messing up and laughing and having to reset the rope. I was tied to that chair for so long that I had given up all hope that we would ever finish filming. When we finally did though, it was an amazing feeling that I didn't want to stop. I became addicted to acting in his films.
I asked him if I could be in more and then it started, whenever he needed someone, I would be there for him. This logic still applies today. He is currently in college for film and still uses me as his main guy to go to which makes me really happy. Whenever I can spend time with him, it's an amazing day. Oops, getting a bit too sentimental, pardon me.
Where was I? Oh yeah, we did more and more films together and because of this, I spent more time in the TV Production room, which is now my second home. Here, I got to know Mr. Nicholes better. I knew him from being in the shows but nothing crazy. He told me about his class and I decided that my Sophomore Year, I would give it a try.
That summer, I prepared by writing my first-ever script. It wasn't half bad and I fine-tuned it later -- This film is called Ashes and it's going to drop in the next week or so on Par Hills TV: Snook Studios
Only took two years to finally film and edit but we did it!
But in this first year working with Jack, I gained a lot of respect for him and for the art of filmmaking. At this point, I still wanted to be an actor but I was so ready to give TV Production a chance. I earned a lifelong friend and fellow film geek.
I always joke with him that I'll pass him film-wise but I don't think I want to, he deserves more credit than he has achieved so far.
So now, we stand at a new beginning.
In front of us, the unknown.
Or I mean, we kinda know cause this is what I want to do in life but you get the gist.
I hope you all come back for next week where we will start talking about Sophomore Year and the paths I took to get here (God I love the butterfly effect).
Anyways, thank you all for reading the first official episode of Sling To The Top and I hope you continue on this ride with me!
Don't get snooked,Will Not Bill
Don't get snooked,
Will Not Bill

Comments
Post a Comment