Episode 5: The Dark Ages - Part 1

 

Guten Tag,

I hope everyone is having a splendid day!


66 Days. It has been 66 days since my last blog post and let me tell you that much has happened since. I'm pregnant- okay I'm just joking. My mom would kill me (if it was even possible). Anyways, that is not what today's episode is about. We are finally going to go back to my journey in film. Let's recap where we left off all the way back in episode 2.


I talked about the absolute nightmare of a film called "The Book." Nothing about this film could have gone worse. "Actors were dropping the day of filming, which happened 3 times so rewrites were constantly being written, we dropped a glass cup and put it in slow-mo for a dramatic effect..." I have to say, the glass part was very enjoyable. 


Then I talked about my current work on (un)Holy Matrimony so stay tuned for an update at the end of this episode!


Now, let's pick off where we left off. Jumping right into my-


Junior Year!


This is where my journey really took off so buckle up for this ride, definitely won't be able to be covered in just one post. But let's just jump into it.


Junior Year was a rough year for me, both physically and mentally. I was really trying to work on my own films while also keeping up with schoolwork. It was not an easy task. I was in TV Prod. 2 this year so I knew I would have to step on my game. I took time and wrote a few scripts on my own and instantly fell in love with writing. 


I had dreams and ambitions to be the Spielberg of PHHS. 



Got a big editing budget if you can't tell.

Anyways, October came in and it was time for me to make my first legit film. I wrote it by myself and planned to make this a big universe that would have crazy stories, I was very proud of it. Marvel had nothing on me but then it was time to film. The rest of the crew canceled last minute (I won't name names) and I was left all alone. I did what any good director does and did everything myself. I was the cameraman, actor, director, and editor for this film and I think it came out really well for the rough circumstances. 

I posted it to Par Hills TV and at the time, amassed the most views of any student film. I was extremely proud of it.

6 Hours

It was my child, my baby, my little nino. I got tons of compliments and people were impressed by some of the editing tricks that I used. I was on top of the world. But then- a rough patch hit me.

I didn't want to work or create. I couldn't find time for all of the actors or the production team to get together, nothing was going right. I wasn't doing good mentally and it was showing. I was having many breakdowns and life was becoming hard for me. I met lots of new people and made new connections while continuing to be the funny guy that people love but I couldn't keep it up.

My scripts became sad and depressing and I tried to write horror films. This then birthed "The Alternate." A film I wrote based off of the YouTube analog horror series called The Mandela Catalogue. It was pretty popular last year. 

It was gonna be my return film, two films in one year. Spielberg did Jaws and then Schindler's List. I was gonna do 6 Hours and then The Alternate. It was going to increase my range. But that isn't what the Film Gods had in store.

While filming at one of the actor's houses, his younger brother was screaming all night. One of the cameras stopped working halfway through and didn't pick up any audio. Everything was going downhill and downhill fast. So I called it quits and this would be the beginning of the end of Snook Studios. 

I hate to do this but this will be the end of this episode of Sling To The Top. I hope you come back next time to see a rise in hope but otherwise, just a peaceful demise. Don't think of this as a sad ending, but more of a neutral pause...











You're still here? Oh okay, well um...


I did tell you there was going to be an update so here it is.

(un(Holy Matrimony is now up to 5 episodes with episode 6 coming out this month. I'm extremely proud of the progress I've made and the memories I've made throughout this journey. With just 3 episodes remaining, stuff is gonna go down and you're not gonna want to miss it.

If you would like to watch/catch up on the episodes OR the two short films that I posted, grab a bag of popcorn and enjoy!

Make sure to subscribe and like to help me feel a little better today :)



Thank you all so much for reading and stay tuned for the next episode where I continue where we left off. Hopefully, the ending will be a bit happier, who knows. I mean I do because it already happened but ya know, suspense. 

I hope you all have an amazing day and remember...

Don't get snooked,
Will Not Bill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Episode 4: I Don't Want To Be In The Room Where It Happened

Episode 2: New Year, New Me

Official Trailer | Where Else To Begin Than Snook!